Tuesday 19 June 2012

tasks 10


Byculling out the first three circles from each set, I managed to remove the weird twist that was occuring at the top of the spiral. Also by lofting between the last circle for each set, I managed to properly cap the pipe. Doing so for the first capped the other end.

As far as laser cutting goes, I've changed my approach from earlier, and am now using a modified version of the waffle cutting file Jeremy gave us. It creates a series of planes on the x and y axes, taking the intersection between the model and those planes to form new geometry. The intersections of these are found to create the slots for joining, and the rest is identical to the waffle system, where it aligns them. At the moment I'm having trouble properly creating the pieces to cut, because the planes aren't slicing the original geometry properly. When I do cut it, I intend to use a firm mat board, 2mm thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment